Music and Inspiration with Joem!!
Updated: Jun 28
Hi Joem! Thank you for chatting with me today!
- Thanks for having me!
Tell us about your latest release!
- My latest release "One Shot" feat. Blind Eyez is a banger pop song with dance vibes and hip hop flavoring. I wrote the song when I was struggling to feel anything in my marriage, and wanted to recommit to the 'one shot' we had in the relationship. It's a song of an inner struggle but also of appreciation and understanding that the grass is greener where you water it. I knew I wanted someone to feature in it, so I asked Blind Eyez (New Jersey), who was a complete stranger at the time, on Instagram to collab with me. Luckily, he wanted to be a part of it.
What was the creative process like for it?
- The creative process for the song was a phase-by-phase journey. I wrote the song two years ago, I performed it live a couple times live, and refined it along the way. Not the usual process I have with my songs. Last year, my producer started working on it and this year we recorded the vocals here in Helsinki, and I contacted Blind Eyez in late February. We met on Skype, went over the meaning of the song, and he drafted his verse on his own. I had nothing to add to what he wrote, I thought it completed the song perfectly. Oh, and the song was mixed and mastered in Ukraine.
Who are some of your biggest musical influences?
- Some of my biggest musical influences are probably epic soundtracks (fantasy etc.), music from the '90s: Celine Dion, Lara Fabian and the like; also Katy Perry, Tori Kelly, and my first musical idol Candy Dulfer (saxophonist).
What is your favorite part of being an artist?
- My favorite part of being an artist is the creative process, and all that goes into it from the first spark of an idea and the writing process as well as the production phase. Creating a 'product' that is meaningful on many levels and appealing in sound and visuals is highly satisfying, as well as healing for me. Also, I love whenever I get to really connect with people online through music and similar interests. If my music serves someone out there, it's a privilege indeed.
How do you hope your music will affect the world?
- I hope to be a part of someone's healing process like music has been part of mine (chronic pain, depression). I hope to offer a world of wonder and beauty for type-A over-achievers who struggle being in their 'masculine' energy all the time, or burnt out, like I've been. My message is always hope, in the end. And I want to point people to God's love and goodness.
Do you have a mantra or piece of advice you carry with you that you like to share with fans and other artists?
- "Let go and Let God". Trying to control everything is something I struggle with, which causes a lot of anxiety and extra stress, so this is something I definitely practice! Also, always go towards your fear.
Please let everyone know where to find you and your music
On Spotify and all other streaming platforms:
I'm most active on Instagram: @joemmusic and love to chat over there!
Also, my website is https://www.joemmusicofficial.com/
Thank you for your time!
For Press Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org